Blog Photography Music Food

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Weirdest Guitars Ever

I've been pretty into guitars lately having just bought myself an Epiphone Gothic G400 and an acrylic see-through strat copy guitar by Haze. I must say I've never seen anything like it before - it's absolutely mesmerising, so I had to get it!

So this had me thinking about weird sorts of guitars that must be out there. Given how long guitars have been around, there's sure to be some wacky designs out there right? RIGHT!

Let's take a look:

First up we've got the Trollcaster, which isn't so much weird as just plain ugly.

Next we've got the Austin City Crab... a crazy looking strat with the body and neck reversed! Looks extremely interestingly to play!

Righty, moving on! This next lil beauty is a hot piece of action cleverly crafted in the shape of a gun. See the price tag with the yen symbol? I know what you're all thinking... ONLY IN JAPAN! If I see one of these babies in Japan, I'm definitely picking it up!

Okay now it's getting REALLY wacky! This guitar's been crafted from... you guessed it! A wooden toilet seat! Playfully named the Telecrapper (a play on Telecaster), it's also got a toilet roll holder to boot! Take a minute to let that sink in guys... and if you thought it couldn't get any wackier...

... then you are of course WRONG. Just take a look at the name and the shape - nothing more needs to be said.


For those interested, more wacky designs can be seen Music Gadgets!