Blog Photography Music Food

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Papercraft: Origami Like You've Never Seen Before!

Let's get this straight folks - origami is AWESOME! Now I never really used to think so, it was hard for me to get all excited about origami since usually whatever I was trying to create invariably ended up with the perfect likeness of a wad of scrunched and squashed bit of paper. Maybe the instructions were terrible, or maybe I was just plain crap (most probably the latter), but nothing re-sparked my interest into the art of origami until I saw what is affectionately called in English terms "Papercraft". Take a look at these photos of actual models made purely with paper - but be prepared to squinch up nice and close to your monitor because it really has to be seen to be believed!

A Starcraft Battlecruiser

Disney's Cerberus

Akira's Motorbike

Final Fantasy IX's Vivi

Check out more amazing papercraft pieces which can be viewed at Papercraft World and Paperkraft.net